Monday, July 21, 2008

Blind


The man with no fear. So they say about DareDevil. One wonders if we do not blind ourselves in order not to have fear. Sometimes, in different stages of our lives we will find that there's a problem and the easiest thing to do is to ignore it, turn a blind eye. That doesn't get rid of the problem, it just postpones it. We might be able to walk away from it but in the end we'll have to come face to face to it. The more we run away from it, the bigger it gets. The more difficult it is to solve. The confrontation escalates.

Different paths we may take in order to try to escape it. There may be some that seem easier and will take us away from our troubles but it's only a temporary solution. In the end, these paths lead nowhere except to more problems. If we don't accept that there's something wrong, if we don't do anything about it a an early stage, we're most likely to make things worse.

The only solution is to really look into the eye of what is causing the pain, grief, tribulations and do something about it. When we realize that confronting the problem will make things easier in the end, even if it's hard to do, then will we be rid of fear. We may be scared but we are the only ones to control our fear. Let us not blind ourselves.

I've brought pain to whom I love and all because I didn't do anything about my own problems and just let them get out of my control. I thought I could deal with them by ignoring them but it wasn't so. I truly apologize and will not let this happen again. Accepting my mistakes and doing something about it will hopefully help me become better. I am blind no more.

No comments: