Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Working again & street art






It feels like it's been ages since I last posted something. With my computer going crazy and I catching a cold, things weren't really looking too good. Fortunately I have my computer running now and even though it's not anywhere close to the way I wanted it setup, I can finally start posting again. Woohoo!

So here are a few more shots of street art I took in the past couple of weeks. I stumbled upon most of them whilst walking through one of the numerous secret walkways that Wellington has. They're not really secret, they're there in front of everybody's view, it's just that they don;t seem to exist. Confusing? Picture the scene from the movie "The Labyrinth" where Jennifer Connelly is looking for an entrance to the labyrinth and all she sees is a loooooong passageway with no entrances. Thanks to a worm that lives in one of the crevices, she's told to observe and not to presume things. Thus, she finds that there are entrances all around. So are the walkways or shortcuts in Wellington, you'd never guess where they are or where they lead to until you start walking down one.

Anyway, these guys here were taken on a shortcut that lead to a friend's house. It's not a walkway that I normally take although I used to walk it quite frequently. The one I normally use runs parallel to this one so it was a nice surprise to see that this shortcut also had street art and that it even has a familiar character!

I wonder if those red creatures are a cactus?

You'll have to excuse the quality of the pictures, it was raining when I took them so I just wanted to take them quickly. In my haste I didn't notice that the cable of my headphones was in the way of the camera. Apart from that, I'm really happy with my iPhone, I can take pictures whenever and wherever.

No comments: