Sunday, August 26, 2012

Cooking on the job!


I was asked to take a picture for an article that the MacDiarmid Institute was going to publish on their website. The article talks about a new way they have been able to determine if there's bacterial growth on meat and kiwi fruit in New Zealand. You can read the whole article here.

There were two possible ways to showcase this article. The first one, which would have been the obvious one, would have been to take a picture of rotting meet covered in some kind of bacteria. But who would be motivated to read about something that's oozing some possible kind of goo?

I thought the second option would be the best way. Having a nice picture of some cooked meat presented in a nice way would probably catch people's attention. The article may even be more appealing, if not by the article in itself, maybe by the fact that your brain is acknowledging that there's a tasty platter in front of you, hahahaha... yeah right.

The first place to get all the required material was the fridge of course. A quick check in to the freezer confirmed that I had some meat that just needed to be defrosted. Some fresh tomatoes were at hand and I had some nice mushrooms that were just screaming to be used. A couple of apples were thrown in into the mix and some spring onions too. Things were cooking!

Now I'm not claiming to be a good cook but the result was very satisfying. Not only did I end up having a great meal, I also ended up with a nice picture; two fulfilling results. Both my stomach and my pocket would be full after this little job.

Yum!

No comments: